There is a wide variety of ways to express your feelings and emotions in the Spanish Language. For a good reason is considered to be a language of love. When you think about saying cute things to say in Spanish, often, it is for your romantic relationships. But everyone needs to hear nice things.
Therefore, this post is not only about the cute romantic things to say to your girlfriend or boyfriend. I also included Spanish phrases you can use when talking with friends or family to make them feel special.
Apart from that, I added a short paragraph with cute nicknames that Spanish speakers like to use when addressing their loved ones.
I divided this article in a several sections to make it easier to find what you are looking for. It contains:
- Cute phrases in Spanish to say to your friends
- Sweet things to say when flirting
- Romantic phrases in Spanish to say to your girlfriend
- Cute things to say to your boyfriend
- Cute Spanish nicknames
If you are looking for cute Spanish phrases to say to a particular person you can jump right to the fitting section. Or you can browse through them all if you want to enhance your “cute” vocabulary to impress your friends.
17 Cute phrases in Spanish to say to your friends
Want to tell your Spanish speaking friends how great they are to uplift their spirit? Or you might want to say to them that you value the friendship with them? Use any of the below ready-made compliments and the cutest things to say in Spanish, and you will surely brighten their day.
- I appreciate our friendship => Agradezco nuestra amistad.
- You look great today => Te ves estupenda hoy
- You just light up the room =>Simplemente iluminas la habitación
- You are always so helpful => Siempre eres tan servicial
- Your inside is even more beautiful than your outside => Tu interior es aún más hermoso que tu exterior.
- You inspire me => Me inspiras
- You are an excellent friend => Eres un excelente amigo/a
- You have taught me so much => Me has enseñado mucho.
- You have the best sense of style => Tienes el mejor sentido del estilo
- You look so young! => ¡Te vez muy joven!
- That color looks perfect on you => Ese color te queda perfecto
- You are a great example to others => Eres un gran ejemplo para los demás.
- You are stunning => Eres impresionante
- I enjoy spending time with you => Me gusta pasar tiempo contigo.
- I am really glad we met => Estoy muy contento de que nos hayamos conocido.
- I tell everyone how amazing you are => Les digo a todos lo increíble que eres
- I am really happy that we become such good friends => Estoy muy feliz de que nos hayamos vuelto tan buenos amigos.
9 Cute things to say when flirting
When you learn a language, it’s great to read books, listen to podcasts, watch movies, but nothing can be better than practicing real conversations with native speakers. Moreover, practicing a conversation with someone you have a crush on can surely motivate you even more.
When you like someone, but you are not in the relationships, you might want to be romantic, but you don’t want to sound cheesy.
Here are some cute things to say in Spanish to your crush.
- You’re so funny! ( to say to a guy) => ¡Qué divertido eres!
- You’re so funny! (to say to a girl) => ¡Qué divertida eres!
- You’re so good looking! => ¡Qué guapo/guapa eres!
- You’re so nice! => ¡Qué simpatico/simpatica eres!
- You look nice today => Qué linda te ves hoy
- I love your style => Me encanta tu estilo
- You smell nice => Qué bien hueles
- I want to know more about you. You’re so interesting! => Quiero saber más de ti. Eres muy interesante!
- I really like you => Me gustas mucho
13 Romantic phrases in Spanish to say to your girlfriend
Even in their native language, guys sometimes struggle to find the right words to say to their girlfriends that will melt their hearts. Here is the list of 13 cute things to say in Spanish to your girlfriend, which will surely be appreciated.
- You are my everything => Eres mi todo.
- You are the love of my life => Eres el amor de mi vida.
- I am crazy about you => Estoy loco por ti
- I can only think of you => Sólo puedo pensar en ti
- You are the love of my life => Eres el amor de mi vida.
- You make me happy. => Me haces feliz.
- Every day I love you more => Cada diํa te quiero mas.
- I want to share each ,moment of my life by your side => Quiero compartir cada momento de mi vida a tu lado.
- I can’t wait to see you => No puedo esperar a verte
- I love you with all my soul => Te quiero con toda mi alma
- I think about you all the time => Pienso en ti tod el tiempo
- You are driving me crazy => Me estas volviendo loco
- You have the most beautiful eyes in the world => Tienes los ojos más bellos del mundo
11 Cute things to say to your boyfriend
While it’s more common when guys say sweet things to their girlfriends, the guys appreciate hearing cute things as well. Whether you are both studying Spanish or your boyfriend is a native Spanish speaker, he will nicely surprised hearing these sweet things in Spanish from you.
There are many ways you can say these cute phrases to your boyfriend. You can say them face to face, use text messages, or even leave a sweet note.
- I miss your cute smile. => Extraño tu linda sonrisa.
- I don’t know what I would do without you. => No sé qué haría sin ti.
- You make me feel special. => Me haces sentir especial
- I love your smile. => Amo tu sonriza.
- You are the best thing that has ever happened to me => Eres lo mejor que me ha pasado.
- I can’t stop smiling when I’m around you. => No puedo dejar de sonreír cuando estoy cerca de ti.
- My life has changed for the better after I met you => Mi vida ha cambiado para mejor después de conocerte
- You make me feel just like a princess. => Me haces sentir como una princesa.
- I feel so safe when I am in your arms => Me siento tan segura cuando estoy en tus brazos
- You always know how to make me smile. => Siempre sabes cómo hacerme sonreír.
- I can’t get you off my mind. => No puedo sacarte de mi mente.
Cute Spanish nicknames
This word means “My love” and most probably, it is the most common way of showing affection among Spanish speakers. Moreover, this Spanish phrase is famous even among people who have nothing to do with the Spanish language, due to the wonderful sound of it.
This word is used very often by native speakers, it is similar to “dear” or “darling” in English.
You can apply it to a friend, member of your family or as a romantic nickname.
In Mexican slang, this nickname means “cute”, “hot”, or “good looking”. It can be used to describe almost anyone and is typically not used to describe sexual attraction.
Be careful using this word in Costa Rica, though, because it has a completely different meaning there. There Chulo/a is used to describe an opportunist or a person that tries to live from you.
Papi chulo/Mami chula
This is a term of love which is used to your partner, whether it’s a spouse or a girlfriend/boyfriend.
Note that it has nothing to do with your mother or father!
In many Spanish speaking countries, this word is a term of endearment used for males, and “nena” for female. It is similar to English “baby” or “honey”.
It means handsome, beautiful, cute. Can be used for a man or a woman.
Adding -ito, -ita
To indicate the affection, the Spanish native speakers often add -ito -ita at the end of the words. It is also used to indicate the smallness of things. And mostly they use it between friends or with loved ones.
By merely adding -ito/ita to the end of the nouns, you get a bunch of other cute things you can say in Spanish.
From the word “cosa”, which means “a thing”. Cosita means “a cute little thing”, which can be used for a girlfriend, a friend, family member or anything cute thing you see.
From the word Chica. It translates to “a little girl” or “a little boy”. Can be used as another way of saying sweety or bae.
From the word Sol, which means sun. The Solecito is translated as a “Sunshine“.
Many people use ita/ita or cito/cita to animals to give cute nicknames to each other. For example,
- Ratocncito – From the word Ratón which means mouse. The translation would be “little mouse”
- Perrito => little dog
- Pollito =>little chicken
Be careful with translations
Not every pick up line that you are using in English can be translated into Spanish. And if you start using a bunch of Spanish romantic phrases that don’t make sense an auspicious date can quickly turn into a disaster.
As a result, you might be perceived as creepy rather than romantic.
Additionally, every Spanish speaking country would have some of their own most commonly used phrases.